Thursday, July 29, 2010
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
When I bought the chair (for $35.00) the seller told me she paid $100.00, 50 years ago in an antique shop.
It had a few layers of old chippy paint on it so I thought I would embrace that by giving it a country feel. In order to accomplish my desired country captains chair, I distressed this little beauty tons.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
I was being a little camera shy in this picture, sorry! I mentioned in a recent post that I have been spending some time in my local thrift shop. My shirt is a men's tuxedo shirt that I bought in a thrift shop for $5.00. My belt was $3.00 and my boots were $14.00 from the same thrift shop.
I hope you all had a relaxing and sunny weekend,
Friday, July 23, 2010
I chose to only slightly distress these little tables, exposing some of the dark wood beneath.
I have to give credit to my sister for coming up with the idea to put them at the end of my bed.
I am pretty bad at receiving awards so thankfully there are rules with this one:
1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award- Thank you so much :)
2. List seven things that people may not know about you.
3. Pass the love to three other deserving bloggers that you have just discovered.
4. Let the recipients know that you gave them an award.
So seven things that people my blog readers may not know about me...
1. I used to run away almost daily when I was a little girl. (My sister would always come looking)
2. I can't sleep unless I am spooning my boyfriend Lol. Seriously though!
3. I usually never have nice looking nails. 9 times out of 10 my polish is chipped...I bite my nails.
4. I have a fear of dark water.
5. I feel really uncomfortable at weddings.
6. My favourite TV shows are Dateline and True Blood.
7. I just realized that I am addicted to coffee
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
1. The first item on my list is a new camera. My sister's husband just bought her an amazing new camera. Even though I was so happy for her , the jealousy was seeping from my pores when she was snapping shots with it on her visit home. In true form, I want one just like hers! I heard the Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ35 is great but I don't know enough about cameras yet to say that this is THE one.
2. The second item on my wish list is a 1970 'something' Ford F-150. I am in love with these trucks. The huge roar of the engine when they are fired up makes me smile! These guys are built to last! I could also really use a truck for moving around all my furniture.
3. No judging Lol... the third item on my list is an El Camino!! I have pretty much been obsessed with El Camino's since I was a little girl. I love the fact that they are a car but you can also haul stuff and put big items in the back. Many people think that these cars are ugly but I would die to own one. These beautiful vehicles are so misunderstood...in my opinion, they are practical and unique!
Monday, July 19, 2010
We found these old books at a garage sale that had a huge sign saying "Everything FREE". They had a cute dresser as well but unfortunately it wasn't solid wood :( My boyfriend and I felt a little like we were entering into a scene from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre... we were happy to get out of that garage alive!
When Nathaniel (my brother in law) came home this past week for a visit, he surprised my sister and I with our very own original oil paintings! I was so happy I could barely even speak. I have never owned an original one of a kind oil painting. He picked this beauty before even seeing my house too! The talented artist is a local Victoria man named Yves Gosselin. Words can't describe how much this painting means to me. I am so lucky! Thank you Nathaniel Xo
Thursday, July 15, 2010
After a trip in the time machine back to the 30's and...ta da!
I searched on You Tube for 1930's hair how to's and found an amazing tutorial. It was so easy to do! I then googled 1930's dresses and found this picture.
I went to my local thrift shop to search for a dress similar to one in this vintage add. Literally the first dress I picked up was exactly what I was looking for. Needless to say, it was a really fun night! The talented lady from the You Tube video also had easy to follow how to video's for all hair styles.
I hope you all had a wonderful, sunny weekend.
Thanks to Holly at Life in the Fun Lane and her Fresh Coat Fridays, I have decided to post my newest transformation. My Dad bought me this sleigh bed for my 16th Birthday, almost 10 years ago now!
Even though it has spent many of its years in storage, I have always loved it. Five months ago, I dusted it off and returned it to its rightful place. Even though I love it so much, I have always dreamt of it being a creamy white, french country style sleigh bed.
When my beautiful sister Rebecca at Painting the Roses White decided to drive her paint compressor out from Edmonton, I jumped at the chance to make my dreams come true.
Monday, July 12, 2010
I couldn't wait for my sister to bring me this beautiful chair that she re-did for me. Turns out Nathaniel loved it too much to say goodbye (I don't blame him). As a trade off and an amazing one at that, they bought me three Ingolf bar stools from Ikea!
Here they are in their new home! Thank you Becky and Nathaniel, and thanks for bringing your compressor. We pretty much spent the whole weekend painting so I have some pretty great posts coming up.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
I bought a medallion from Home Depot and my handy (electrician) boyfriend installed it for me. So here it is in all its beauty!