Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Week Three

Today is Remembrance Day. I get to join my Grandpa, Grandma and brother in law Nathaniel and honour them and their fellow military service men and women who have served throughout history.

There has been a little progress on the house this week. The concrete is poured for the forms and the house has a but of a shape to it now.






The picture above is the garage.

I was surprised at how big the footprint looked but I think once we get three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a family room, etc into that space it won't feel so big. But hey...I'm not complaining!

I had a chance to stand up in the back yard on Sunday. I was worried that it was going to turn out small. Part of the reason I was drawn to this property was because I wanted a decent sized yard. Once I got up there, I was really happy with the size. They still have to put in a stacked rock wall so we will see! The picture below should be pretty close to what our view from our living room will be.




On Sunday my father in law Don, my husband Ian and myself installed the perimeter drain. Don has done this lots at work. We worked for over 7 hours-digging, carrying pipe, glueing, sawing and hauling rocks. I of course stopped to take some pictures and had some visitors stop by.













It was hard work-we have sore muscles and blisters and I'm pretty sure I got sick from the tar fumes but we had a great time on Sunday. We created some great memories and it was pretty neat to be involved.

Apparently they are pouring foundation next week so I'll be back then with an update.

Posted by Jess

No comments: