Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Domestically Gifted

I owe a HUGE thank you to Natalie over at Blossoming Visions! I was so happy when I discovered that I was chosen by her for the Domestically Gifted award. I am so humbled and honored to receive this :)


The rules of winning this award included answering five questions. So here are the five questions with my answers.

1. If you could befriend a famous person, who would it be and why? Well I was not sure of the rules on this one~ meaning, I didn't know if the famous person had to be living. If not, I would choose Joan of Arc. She lived during such an amazingly difficult time. Not only was she so courageous and inspiring but she was also rebellious. She definitely was not cookie cutter and she lived life to the beat of her own drum. BUT if the rules only apply to those who are still with us, I would like to be friends with the fashion guru from Project Runway Tim Gunn. He seems like one of the nicest, most genuine people I have seen on TV. I would love to go on a little shopping excursion with him followed up with a martini! I should mention that I have never really been a big celebrity follower so this was a hard question to answer.

2. What sounds make you happy? Staying true to the 'sea to my heart', waves would have to be my favourite sound. Nothing beats sitting on the beach, soaking up the sun (with sunscreen on of course), running sand through your fingers and toes while listening to the waves rumbling up the beach. Ahhh that makes me so happy.


3. What is your favourite dessert? ICE CREAM!!! Without question :) My favourite flavour is maple walnut but I also love Oreo McFlurry's from McDonalds. The only problem is that I am lactose intolerant so I have to have a love hate relationship with it.

























4. Which Holiday do you look forward to the most? I would have to say I look forward to Christmas the most. My family always gets together for fun times and yummy dinners. Plus there are so many decorating and craft ideas!

Oh...and how could I forget. I also love Christmas because we usually spend it on a beach or some place warm and sunny.


5. What is your favourite all-time movie? Braveheart is my favourite movie. I love the combination of romance, drama, heroism and action.

I really hope I didn't bore you to death with my answers. Now to passing the award on to five deserving bloggers.


1. Lara at Air Kiss- I just love her fresh beachy style mixed with vintage french style!
2. Maria at Dreamy Whites-Wow, Maria ever has style. She owns my dream home! Simply amazing
3. The Hatch family at Joy In The Journey-This lovely mother of two truly enjoys painting furniture and turning her house into a home.
4. Rebecca at Painting The Roses White- Not only is she the coolest girl I know but she is so amazingly talented at anything she does; especially decorating and renovating her home.
5. Anonymous at Life of a Future Domestic Goddess-I love checking out her DIY projects and her inspirational pictures are truly that!


2 comments:

Jan said...

I didn't realize I was so anonymous! Thank you for the award I read your blog daily!

Sheri said...

That is just so sweet of you! I am very positive that I am not even a fraction as crafty as you and all the others but you made my day none the less.